Boingo simplifies complex wireless challenges to connect people, businesses, and things. For , Boingo has been leading the way, pioneering first after first. No matter what wireless technology comes next, Boingo will be there.
As our Procurement Manager, you'll lead a team purchasing for Wireless Network build projects. You'll lead the day-to-day operations of the purchasing team handling over $60M in purchase orders per year. The most successful team members at Boingo are proud of their work, collaborative across departments, and always get each other's back. In this role, you'll also need to have a keen eye for details, while handling many moving parts. If that sounds like a match for you, please apply!
- Have an impact on the procurement needs of builds like Dodger Stadium and the Hollywood Bowl.
- Take the lead on the purchasing workflow, including prioritization, assignments, and escalations - ensuring that we meet field deployment expectations.
- Work effectively across all divisions to develop, manage, and lead organizational purchasing policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to ensure organizational efficiency.
- Approach problems or challenges with a "can-do" attitude.
- Drive operational excellence using process improvement methodologies in alignment with overall organizational goals.
- Identify opportunities for improving processes and procedures, especially those related to materials planning, purchasing efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Help manage partnerships with vendors and suppliers, in concert with the Director of Strategic Sourcing, maintain primary and secondary vendors for key product lines.
- Work with various internal teams on project cost accounting matters (e.g., open PO accruals, PO change orders, revisions, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of any open matters.
- Track vendor lead times, ensure on-time delivery, and perform periodic and consistent delivery performance reviews.
- Oversee resolution of receiving discrepancies, such as defective or unacceptable goods or services, coordinating the receipt of product replacements and returns.
- Ensure compliance with state sales and use tax requirements.
- Work cross functionally to implement and manage BOMS.
- 5+ years of experience in a purchasing field, including some people management experience.
- 2+ years of successful purchasing-related project management.
- Proven attention to detail, organization skills, and focus.
- Experience successfully tracking and completing multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and interaction, with colleagues, executives, and vendors
- 5+ years of experience with the Purchase to Pay Process including Purchase orders.
- Solid understanding of project (Fixed Asset) accounting.
- Solid experience with CapEx / OpEx cost accounting and the impacts of both.
- Experience and understanding of GL accounts and coding.
- Excel whiz; VLOOKUP, pivot tables, index formulas.
- Knowledge of SmartSheets and Oracle Fusion
- Company bonus plan
- 401(k), with company match, immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Health, dental, vision: HMO or PPO
- Unlimited PTO
- Smart phone, or tablet reimbursement
- Free lunch on days in the office
- Yummy treats in the Boingo Cafe area
- Paid parental leave
- Amazing colleagues
- Team Activities: K1 Speedway, Disneyland, Halloween Costume Contest, happy hours
- Plus, our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It's no wonder we were named among the Best Places to Work in LA six times!
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements.
Boingo helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the leading edge of technology. There is no doubt the "secret sauce" to Boingo's success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.